Last Updated Aug 22 2017
PART A – COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Information You Provide
We collect the personal information that you provide to us, which may include but not be limited to:
- basic personal information, including your name, contact information, and address;
- information provided as you log-in through third party sites, which may include social media sites;
- information you share when using the Services;
- your and your device’s location;
- device details which are unique to your device;
- information about your accommodation preferences;
- information collected in a dispute resolution; and
- any feedback you provide regarding our Services and/or the use of our Services.
This information will be collected through the mobile application (“App”), website, or by any other tool or channel associated with our Services. Collection of this personal information is necessary in order for you to gain access to and receive the full benefit of the use of all features of our Services, whether your are a traveler and wish to use the App to find rooms and pay for room rentals or other related services from a room provider or a third party, or a room provider who wishes to list rooms or related services for purchase or rent by travelers. We may also collect certain information about your purchases and payment methods including, without limitation, credit or debit card information.
2. Automatic Information
We may collect and store anonymous information (“Automatic Information”) about you as you navigate through our Services. This information may be collected using various technologies including, without limitation, cookies, Internet tags and navigational data. Some of this information is automatically transmitted to us through your browser, such as the URL that you just visited, the browser version that your computer uses, the date and ` “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored on your device with which you access the Services. These cookies allow us to adjust our Services to meet your personal browsing preferences. If your browser is not set to allow cookies, you may not have access to all areas or features of the website.
PART B – USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
1. To accomplish any of the purposes listed below, we may combine personal information, Automatic Information, and non-personal information collected through your use of our Services. This information may be used in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- to connect you to our Services and Customer Support;
- to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, fraud and security breaches;
- to collect data on our Services, content and ads;
- to improve our Services, content and ads;
- personalize your experience while using our Services;
- to provide you with any additional services you have requested; and
- to consider you for any employment opportunities if you have submitted an application.
- Except as set forth above, Personal Information will not be provided to any other user of our Services.
2. Information submitted by users may also be used for marketing purposes. If you do not wish for your information to be used this way, please contact us using the contact information in Part H.
3. Payment and banking information submitted by users upon purchasing products and/or subscribing for services will not be published or made public through our Services. Payment information will be used by us to charge for fees associated with our Services and for no other purpose. In circumstances where a user’s account is past due, or where the primary payment method fails, we may use additional payment methods listed on file to satisfy these accounts.
4. Automatic Information
We also reserve the right to use personal information and Automatic Information as set forth in our Terms and Conditions of Use, if applicable.
PART C – DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
1. To Help with Business Operations
We may disclose your information to our representatives, affiliates, suppliers or other third parties with which we do business (our “Business Partners”) when it is deemed necessary for our business operations. For example, from time to time, we may engage companies or individuals for certain services on our behalf including, without limitation, conducting audits, performing legal services, processing credit card payments, collecting feedback, and providing customer service. Our Business Partners and any other third-party service providers will only have incidental access to personal information to the extent required to perform their services. They are prohibited from the use of your personal information for any purpose other than assisting with our business operations.
2. Safety and Security
We may disclose your information as necessary to protect the safety or security of users of our Services, to detect and prevent fraud or abusive behaviour, or when otherwise required or permitted by law.
3. Transfer or Sale
4. Legal Requirement
We may disclose your information, if required, to:
- supervisory authorities, tax authorities, police and other regulatory authorities as required by law or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legally valid inquiry or order;
- to either prevent/minimize a criminal offense or to protect a person’s rights and personal and or financial health; and
- an intellectual property rights owners or such party’s representative if a room ad may be considered, in good faith by such owner, to violate owner’s rights; provided however the owner will be required to enter into an agreement to limit the use of the personal information provided only for purposes of the possible violation of an intellectual property right.
PART D –PROTECTING, RETAINING AND STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Protection. In order to help prevent unauthorized access to, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of your information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through our Services. That said, we cannot guarantee that information provided to us through our Services will remain private, or that the information you transmit to us over the Internet will not be intercepted.
3. Identification. To help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information you are responsible for keeping the username and password (collectively, “ID”) that you receive upon registration with our Services private and confidential. You are solely responsible for preventing the unauthorized use of your ID. If you suspect that your information has been compromised or that your account has been accessed without your consent, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
PART E – ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
Should you submit an inquiry through our Services, or otherwise communicate with us electronically, you consent to us responding to such inquiries electronically. We cannot guarantee that information that we send to or receive from you over the Internet will not be intercepted.
PART F – INFORMATION SHARED BETWEEN USERS
We cannot control how other Users will use your information, should you choose to share information with any other user that you find using our Services, we:
- hereby state and you hereby confirm that we are not responsible for the handling, privacy, or processing of such information; and
- remind you to be cautious about sharing information with other Users and before engaging in any transaction, consider whether the information that is being requested is necessary to complete the transaction.
PART G – ACCESSING AND MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
You can access and modify your personal and account information using the tools provided in the Website. We will not modify your personal or account information.
At any time, you may request access to your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time period, and process it “as appropriate under applicable law”. Your request may be subject to a processing fee as allowed under law.
PART I – HOW TO CONTACT US